I didn't think I would be blogging again so soon. I have a lot of different feelings going through me right now. Alan was "let go" today. Although he will still go to work until the 30th of January, he will no longer be connected to the company. He has "seperation papers" he has to go through and sign.
Its an odd feeling. You know he has been with Starwood in one form or another for 16years and a couple of months. That is along time to be with a company. Co-workers become a community of sorts. I know that the Lord will provide, still I am woman and worry about finances, insurance, and all that accompanies it.
I am grateful that he has had a job this long. I am grateful that he and I will be able to spend a little time together (they gave him the rest of the week off). I am grateful that there is a possibility that his next job will be closer to home. I am grateful that we live in a great neighborhood and have such wonderful friends. I know that when a door is closed a few windows are flung open and a fresh breeze comes in. You might all have to remind me that I am grateful a couple of months from now when my sight might be a little narrow. Alan sees this as a chance to do something new. In a way I am excited for that as well. But only time will tell.
Alan did ask me at about 12:45 what should he do now. I mentioned that the garage always needs some attention. He went to it. I can't lie, I will love this aspect of the time off. Thanks for listening. K8
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow...I don't know what to say. That really stinks, and yet it could be a great opportunity for change. I hope and pray for the best for you guys.
Love ya!
Shelley
Oh Kate, I'm so sorry. After 16 years it's hard to believe that could happen. It must be quite the shocker. We're praying for you guys.
I have never been on your blog before and this is the first thing I read. Kate - I am so sorry, but know that God will provide! This is a very scary time and Brian and I are terrified too. I will be praying for you guys.
Tara
Post a Comment