Sunday, December 14, 2008

Friends

We had a lesson in Relief Society today on Unity. I have thought a lot about it lately. I didn't add any comments because I was holding sleeping Adi Halbert (I love the feel of a sleeping baby in my arms only because mine are so big that they don't sleep in my arms any longer). I am grateful that I was in attendance today.

I have been thinking a lot about unity because of my wonderful friends. You know, there is nothing quite like the neighborhood I now live in. I can't imagine leaving it. The people are genuine, friendly, supportive, loving people. They are true friends living in harmony and unity. They are not clickish or exclusive groups. Most are concerned about you and your life and are willing to go out of their way to help you out. They are certainly the kind you can borrow a cup of sugar from.

One of my wonderful neighbors was concerned that Alan and I might have to move because of his current "unemployment" status. I was touched that she would have those concerns. It would be very devistating for me to even think of having to move. We are so glad that we moved into this neighborhood and I want to live here until I can't climb the stairs anymore. By then.... I don't want to think of that far ahead.

So to all my friends out there in cyberspace and around the corner, I love you all. Thanks for being my friends and my strength, even when you don't know it. Thanks for the kind words and the hellos and the how are yous. Your warmth and care mean the world to me and I appreciate you. I love you. My world would not be the same with out you. Now I must go wipe a tear and blow my nose. K8

No comments: