Sunday, February 19, 2012

Winning the Lottery!

Lottery you say? Yes the Educational lottery! Josh got word today that he has been accepted to BYU in Provo, Utah. Now to top that news we just need to hear that the Track and Field Coach wants him to join the team up there! :) However, in light of receiving this news, my heart is tugged in another direction as I realize he will have to live in Provo to attend school there. Which means he has to LEAVE me behind! Not only that, Tessa is looking into moving in with one of her teammates. So there is quite the possibility that I will have two children moving out within 6 months. :( That is cutting our family down by a third and cutting the amount of children in half! AAAGGGHHH! I am going to have to stew over this for awhile. I am not sure I am liking this situation which is strange for me.

I have always celebrated the new experiences my children are going to have i.e.. kindergarten, first day of school every year, junior high, etc. But this graduating and leaving my home has got me mourning the whole situation. What am I going to do without their humor and their hugs? And the many other things they do that make up my life as a mother? I will always have in the back of my mind that there is someone missing! and Two someones! I guess letting them go is the whole reason you teach them to tie their own shoes and make their beds. To iron their shirts and do their own laundry. I just can't help but thinking, have I taught them enough to DO on their own what they will have to DO to DO IT! The time for teaching is nearly over and the days of keeping my mouth shut as they make their own decisions about their lives is about to begin. I pray I have done ENOUGH teaching for them to DO IT!

2 comments:

Auburn said...

Congrats! So exciting! I can't imagine the emotions for you as mother though!

Tim, Colett, 2 Boys, & a Dog said...

Kate, I love you! I know you are the BEST Mama in the world!!!!