Please tell me what would entice me out of my bed some mornings and into the cold, dark beginning of another day, to spend 45 minutes torturing my muscles (that I have forgotten about these many years) on the soaking wet grass for? BOOT CAMP! I am not quite sure why they call it that. It should be YOUR BUTT IS GONNA HURT CAMP or I CAN'T WALK UPSTAIRS ANYMORE CAMP or ITS GONNA HURT TO SNEEZE, LAUGH, AND MOVE CAMP. I think the reason they call it boot camp is... because for the first however long, the instructor has to kick you with a boot to keep you moving because you can't move.
I have to keep telling my self that this is good for me. But... I hate it. I even told the instructor this morning "I hate you! I will someday appreciate that you pushed me so hard but right now I hate you."
Someone asked me how it was going. She said that she would hate having someone push her into training. Well, my answer is, some of us have to be compelled into fitness just as some are humble enough to know that they need to do it and get it done all on their own. I think it is that way with many things. Some have to be forced to attend school while others love to go. I am glad I have choice over all things.
One thing is certain here, I am sore. As I move during the day, I am hoping that the pain I feel in some way is shrinking my size and burning calories. This has made me more grateful for this wonderful body I have. I hope I can treat it better in the future!
No Pain, No Gain eh?. Hopefully it is No Pain, No Loss. Keep on trucking! :)
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Are you keeping it up? Are you less sore?
Kate, I love to read your blog and you have inspired me. I'd like to do one for my family. Can you tell me how to do it?
Love, Cousin Elise
Post a Comment