Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sleep

So why is it that when you want to get a good nights sleep, you can't. Your mind just won't shut down. There is no power down switch, no button, no power cord, and not even a control/alt/Delete key. So I lay down on my bed, and Alan snores which just reminds me that I can't sleep. And him sleeping so deeply will not allow me to sleep either. So I move to the guest room where the bed is not my bed and is hard and I would have a difficulty sleeping on it as well. There are a million and one things I could be doing but the whole house is asleep and I don't want to disturb their sleep. So I decide to get up and work on my computer, playing with photographs, listening to music on my ipod and hope that I can stay awake tomorrow. But I know the minute I sit down tomorrow when I want to be awake, I will be snoozing. Happy ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I so can relate to that, except the husband snoring part. I get so exasperated when that happens.

Erin A said...

I LOVE being up late when everyone else is in bed. I always regret it the next day, but I love stillness! I hope you got a nap!

Staci said...

Hope you were able to catch a nap the next day :) Cute blog Kate.