We started our vacation driving over to San Bernadino for Tessa to play in a soccer tournament. The girls played well, and the weather was lovely. The next stop we went to was Pismo Beach. The water was a little on the cool side but we had fun several days enjoying the sand and the ocean. We drove up Highway 1 in California (very windy roads and gorgeous scenery) and passed through Alan's high school days stomping ground in San Jose.
Our next stop was San Francisco. We stayed outside of the city and road the train in. We bought passes for transportation and rode all over the city. I think it was the first time we all had been on a city bus together. The kids loved it. On our final day when we were leaving the city, Alan and the kids biked across the Golden Gate Bridge. They loved it.

Our next stop was the beautiful Lake Tahoe. I had never been. I didn't realize how big and beautiful it was. We had a wonderful day on the shore of the lake kayaking, peddling a big water bike and enjoying the perfect weather.
Then on to Utah to spend the 4th of July with family. We have a wonderful tradition around the fourth and it was important for my kids to be there. And there is no place on earth that celebrates the 4th of July like Utah; especially Utah county. Alan and Tessa got up early on the 4th and ran the 10K. They both did fabulous.
We all get together and play frizbee football and baseball and whatever else game we care to play, we eat and have our GORP (really fun trailmix with everyone's favorite sugared cereal and candy mixed in a plastic baggie) and watch the fireworks. It's tradition and last year when we didn't make it to Utah for the 4th, I heard about it for the whole year.
While we were in Utah my niece Chrissy took these FABULOUS family pictures for us. There are so many good ones that I had a hard time deciding which ones to put on this blog. Know that there were a lot more than I am showing.




It was a wonderful vacation. One I hope stays with us a long time.
5 comments:
Yeah! that sounded like a wonderful time. Your family pictures are beautiful. I'm glad you guys had a great time! We are in Utah right now and will celebrate the 24th of July here tonight. I've never been in utah for that so I'm excited!!
You will love it. I haven't been there for the 24th for a long time. Enjoy the cooler weather while you can. It's too hot here. :)
That looks like so much fun! Those are all places I would love to see! But Andrew and I are both glad you are back!
Kate your pictures and blog are awesome! Looks like you are having the time of your life with your family right now. Love IT!
Love the pictures. Glad you had such a wonderful time. I enjoyed the pictures and reading about your vacation.....
Post a Comment