Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Mentor, my friends.

I started taking pictures because I was lucky enough to meet and become friends with a talented man who was a photographer. I had the opportunity to work in his studio for a time. One of the greatest things I learned from him was to use humor to get people to be themselves. He just celebrated his 84th birthday. He and his wife are some of my dearest friends. He is now in an assisted living home and I try to visit him weekly. Today, I went to visit and I took my camera with me. To you, these pictures might not be too impressive. I was happy to get him as he is. All photographers have a hard time being on the other side of the lens. He had a hard time at first but he let me take as many as I wanted. His wife is also an amazing woman. I don't know one person that knows her that doesn't love her. Together they are ones that I want to be like when I grow up. I am impressed with their love and care of each other. I want to thank them for loving me for who I am. They are truly kindred spirits. I am grateful that in my lifetime I was blessed to have them be a part of my life. They are wonderful people and I love them.

This little puppy got a broken leg as he was trying to follow someone through a door.




1 comment:

Sharon said...

That is so sweet. Great pictures. I wish my honey could have lived his life longer. He was such a great guy. I miss him a lot.