I use to think that I wanted my husband to have the exact same tastes, interests and hobbies I liked. I wanted him to love romantic movies instead of the blood and guts movies he likes. I wanted him to know exactly how I felt and run me a bubble bath or rub my back. I wanted him to talk about things I wanted to talk about. I wanted him to love reading and just sit for hours with a good book and then talk about the book and what we would do differently. I wanted him to be just like me. But then... I saw the errors of my ways.
Then I realized that I would hate to be married to myself. How boring it would be. There would be no teasing, no surprises, no inside jokes. Sure, I would have a cleaner house, and some one to share in the preparation of a meal, or even occasionally someone that liked to be in the yard planting and gardening. But who would clean out the sink trap in the kids bathroom with all the gunk that ends there because of my girl's long hair in the drain? Who would have the strength to lift heavy items and dig for hours on hardened dirt to lay a watering system in the back yard? And who would go to work day after day to a job he would rather not have. I think men are wired to take care of these needed items. Any others household duties they do is an added bonus.
So I thank the good Lord for making men and women different. I give thanks and gratitude that he made my man. I am grateful that we are married, and that we are parents. Its a ride I am glad I am taking. It is one that I hope doesn't end anytime soon. I love you Alan. :)
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so sweet. I wish I had my man back. You really miss them when they are gone
Post a Comment