Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting Fit and Healthy

Okay, Okay, Okay!
I know that everyone makes new year resolutions. And this year I am no different than the rest of you. I started this particular one...Oh probably 20 years ago! Actually I really got serious about it in about October. But I have decided it is really important this year. Why? Because I have finally gotten old enough to realize that my body is slowing down and if I don't do something about it, I think I will go down hill fast. My eye sight is already there and recovering from bruises is taking a lot longer than it use to. So... I walk or ride my bike and now that Alan is not working, I go to the gym occasionally with him. I am not to the extreme that he has gone to (he is wanting to run a half marathon at the end of January) but I am doing something more than I was before. I am enjoying my time with my ipod with the wonderful podcasts that I have found on the web and I can listen to my Christmas music as loud as I want and no one bothers me. I love it!

Anyway, Alan and I got up early on New Years Day and we went to Papago Park near the Zoo and he ran the 5k and I race walked a mile. It was beautiful and we both felt better about getting up and doing something. A great way to start out our New Year too. I think we will try to do several other races this year. I think one thing in my favor is that I am actually writing this down and telling a million people online AGH! Which makes me nervous but I am going to do it. :)

No comments: