1: There are lines in Heaven where we are given specific talents and gifts. My mother was an avid reader and a very decent writer, as was her mother before her. Both of them were published authors of poetry and articles. I did not stand in "that line" when talents were being handed out. Although I love to read, I have often wished I had a way with words to be able to paint a picture, or describe a scene. Maybe I should take more time to practice by writing on this blog, eh? There are many more "lines" I wish I would have stood in to get those "talents or gifts" but that shall be a blog on another day.
2: When we get to Heaven again, and are crowned with Glory, we shall be able to make our own worlds. She claims that there is a Grass Making class 101 and Butterflies and Other Flashy Insects class. She thought we might learn the basics for making worlds. She would see something beautiful and say, "Heavenly Father must have had fun making that, don't you think?" I think he did.
I miss her daily although it has been nearly 12 years since she left this earth. I find myself wanting to share some exciting news with her, or give her a call to unload my pain or sorrow. I want to ask her questions that only she can answer about things in my younger years or things that she went through. I want to ask her how she was able to let me go after high school when I am saying goodbye to one of my kids as they leave. Did it tear her heart out as much as it is tearing out mine? I find myself wishing that I could shoot her a text or an email and get a response.
I wonder what she is doing "up there" and what committees she must be on. She used to say that her sister, who died in 1982-83 would be on the welcoming committee. I do believe that, but what is mom up to? Who has she recently seen or visited with or accomplished. I know that I will see her once again, but I long to hear her voice, and hear her laugh, and feel her hugs. Miss you mom!
2 comments:
Having never met her, I loved reading this! Can't wait to meet her when I get there because I'm sure she'll be on the welcoming committee too! :)
That is beautiful! I think you expressed yourself very well--even if you didn't stand in the line.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about her!
Post a Comment