We go to Utah to enjoy the beautiful weather and the gorgeous mountains. Summer is great here because it allows us to be outside during June and July. But we love going because we get to spend time with family. This year, we are staying at my sister Winnifred's house. She and my brother-in-law have some pretty cool friends. Just after coming home from church on Father's day some of these friends stopped by. They were in the neighborhood and were just picking up a few items for their home. It was quite delightful to see them both. My friendship with them goes back to high school, when I was in their home several times with their son Matt. On this particular day, I had the opportunity to introduce my family to them. I am sure that General Conference will never be the same at our house when he is at the pulpit. He keep calling Seth "Split" because of the logo on his shirt and Megan "Highland" because of her jacket. When he left, more than one of my kids commented on how funny he was. They are dear people, and I hope my kids never forget meeting Elder and Sister Holland.


4 comments:
What a fun opportunity! I'm sure something they'll never forget.
Um....awesome! What a fun day! Elder Holland visited my parents' stake a few years ago and the stake executive secretary called my mom and dad to see if Elder Holland could come have dinner with our family. But my dad had a business trip planned that weekend that he couldn't get out of so they had to say no. BIG HUGE BUMMER! You were one lucky young lady to have been in their home.
Wow! How much fun!! What great memories for the kids to have! Can we start calling Seth "Split" too? It's kind catchy!
What a great experience! I love Him.
Post a Comment