Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Farm

My heart is broken today as I remember my childhood home and the many wonderful memories made there. I won't go into much detail other than this property was recently swindled away from my father who is in his 86th year. I wish I had more pictures to show how wonderful the place was in it's prime but alas, most of the ones taken were film and I didn't care to go through all the pictures I have taken to scan a few. This is a picture taken of an old Pioneer home on the front part of the property. The "farm" once was 4 and a half acres but now is 3 and a half. I will miss it being in the family. My heart is so broken.



As a post script: Saturday Feb 5th I received email from siblings that said the man that had swindled the property from my father felt that it would be in his best interest to revoke the deed. So the property is back into the hands of my father. Big sigh of relief!

1 comment:

Janeal said...

:( I am sad, too. More for the sake of you and your siblings than my own. I wish things were still as they were in the old days.