During fall break from school this year, Tessa, Josh, and Megan participated in a Pioneer Trek in Forest Lakes, Az. It was 23 miles in three days with several hard climbs and long stretches of bumpy, rocky areas. Josh was ill for a little of the time but over all they all enjoyed the opportunity. I went along as one of 6 Trek Photographers. It was hard to take the pictures sometimes as I wanted to lend a helping hand as they struggled. I was grateful for the opportunity to help be a part of preserving the memory of the moment. A DVD is being put together and wards will receive a lot of the pictures that were taken. Hopefully my kids will remember this experience and use it later in life to help them through some rough times.
.jpg)
Here is Megan putting her "shoulder to the wheel".

Here is Josh pulling the handcart up the hill on the Men's pull.

Tessa on a pretty steep incline.

Here the four of us are.
My kids prooved that "You can do hard things!" Because they did it on this Trek. I am so proud of them doing it.
3 comments:
Those are beautiful pictures. The DVD will be priceless for all of the youth to help them remember the struggles and especially the feelings they had while there!
I'm so glad you were able to go!
Love this! So fun that you got to experience this with your kids and watch them grow in a special way!
Awesome!!
Post a Comment