The next morning we met in a park with all the children and grandchildren of my siblings. I don't think anyone ever counted how many were there. Many came later and some left earlier but it was a wonderful time to get together and play. Kickball, basketball, and ultimate frizbee were some of the favorite games played. But most of all it was for the story telling and laughter and talking that was done. We had quite the variety of people in attendance.

Cousins were the biggest hit with my kids. They enjoyed seeing cousins that the most often only see once a year.




My siblings were a big hit with me. Shawna, the eldest of my siblings, lives in Salt Lake. She puts on a wonderful reunion.

This is Crew. The newest of the Merrell Grandchilren. He was 10 days old (I believe).

Spencer, shortly returned home from one of the Mexico missions. (currently teaching in the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah.)

Second generation cousins. Kenna and Maylie. These girls were so cute together I had to get a photo of them.

Tana, second oldest in the family with her newest grandchild Jack. She had most of her nine children there.

My eldest brother Ken and third in the family with his grand daughter Avonlea. I love to see these interactions of my siblings with their grandchildren. They are sweet. (Ken is the author I have told some of you about.)

This is Winnifred and Charlie. (They are the ones that work with the curtians and drapes in the Temples.)

This is Don. He is just older than I. He has a missionary in Mexico and is wonderful at making everyone feel welcomed and a part of what is going on. This is his grand nephew he is holding. He always has loved kids.

There was a lot of loving going on.


I am next in line in the family lineup.

Maureen and her family with three strapping boys and husband. She is the last of my siblings. The boys wore the red, white, and blue because it was the 3 of July.

This is some of the Merrell family that were present when we took the family photo.
.jpg)
And here we are being our crazy selves.

Is there anything better than family? I don't think so. They are the most wonderful people on the earth. I know that they would drop everything and come to my rescue at any time I needed them. One of my sis-in-laws was diagnosed with cancer shortly after this reunion. It affected all of us deeply. We have rallied around her, fasting and praying for a quick recovery. The outlook is better since that day of prayer and fasting in her behalf. That is what family is all about. I love them dearly. It is hard to be so far away from them all. I know that they are mine forever. And I thank the Good Lord above for that.
I LOVE MY FAMILY!
3 comments:
It was a great reunion and fun pictures!
Family reunions really are spectacular! We've had to miss my mom's family's reunion now for 2 years in a row and I have really missed being there with family! Ever since I can remember, my family has always gone up to UT for her family reunion.
Holy Cow! I can totally see some of your children's features in the picture of your nephew Spencer! That's amazing! I can't pinpoint what exactly but I look at the picture and say Wow! He looks like his cousins!
These are great fun! Love family reunions, your family seems to have lots of fun together, you can tell by the smiles they have on their faces!
Post a Comment