Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Decorations



There is something about decorating my house for Christmas that brings the holiday cheer. I love the lights and the garlands and the ornaments (as you have seen in a previous post). I remember staring at the lights on our tree when i was a little girl. They were colored and I use to sit in the dark and watch them on the tree and their reflection in the glass windows we had in the room. You could say I was fascinated. I still am. There is something special about the lights. I also love the smells at Christmas time. The pine smell from a newly cut tree or wreath, and the cinnamons and the berries. And the music singing reminders of home and family. And it doesn't hurt to hear those yummy voices we all love to hear singing those favorite songs either.



I love the little reminders around the house that bring to me the spirit of Christmas. I have over 15 little standing Nativities that I put up in different locations through the house and I have a complete tree dedicated to anything important to the Christ Child's birth. Baby, Mother, Father, Wise men, Shepards, and the star. I even have special lights that I place on the Nativity tree. They are called "Rice Lights" Very small and they do all sorts of different lighting variations. They stay on, or twinkle, or fade in and out, and several other lighting tricks. I love to sit and watch them fade gently in an out. I can sit for a very long time just looking and thinking, especially if the house is quiet.



It is a little crazy to get it all out and put it up, but I love the way it looks when I am all done. Christmas is my favorite time of year!

4 comments:

Winn said...

Oh, beautiful! I have never seen your home decorated for the holidays. You were right, you have lots of trees!

Merrells said...

It's my favorite time of the year too and your house looks great!

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Oh yes! And your home is beautiful! I especially love your nativity tree!

Just today I've started pulling out decorations and stuff. I'm wishing now that I had done it the day after Thanksgiving! The only trouble is that my husband insists on a real tree every year which makes decorating it too soon a problem.

Ann said...

Your house is beautiful! Love it!