Sometimes in our lives we are blessed to have a friend that changes our lives in a positive way. I feel overly blessed to have such a friend in my life. How grateful I am that she is my friend. I will never forget the Spirit of the Lord prompting me to get to know her. She had just moved into our ward to live with her mother-in-law after the death of her father-in-law. I felt that she needed a friend. Of the many times I have felt the Spirit that strong, I am so grateful that I listened. In those eleven and a half years we have been more like sisters that are friends. We have been asked if we were sisters and I always answer "Yes" quickly because I feel that strongly about our bond. Ann has come to my aid multiple times when I needed someone to listen. She let me cry about the death of my mother. She has cared for me when times were difficult. She has helped me paint countless hours when I moved into my home, helped me decorate it, given me advice, and loved me. Somehow, she has felt that I have helped her in similar ways. We have walked miles together, cried together, laughed together and been there for each other. We have watched our boys play football together, and our kids play in a concert together. There is nothing she could ask that I would not go out of my way to accomplish for her or with her.
Over the years, I have been able to capture the faces and love of her wonderful family. I do not have all the photos I have taken, only those that were digital. I thought it might be fun to portray some of those family photos here so time could be seen.




Ward Halloween Party!


This picture was taken this week as she prepared to send her oldest son out on a mission. It was easy to take these pictures but so hard to edit them as I thought about the change that will come as she moves from the area I live in. She and her family are moving this month, two plus hours away from me. Our friendship will now be tested in a different way. We will have to fight to keep it strong as distance will separate us from spending a great deal of time together. But I have heard that those relationships that you fight for will stay strong. We will still be able to cry and laugh over the phone and through email which makes the distance not too great. The knowledge of the life after this one reminds me that we will continue to have these relationships after.


Thank you Ann for being one of the very best blessings that has come into my life. There are no words to describe how you have affected my existence. I love you! :)
5 comments:
BEautiful post!
This is a beautiful tribute for a kindred friend! Ann will be sorely missed!
I'm already anticipating some girl trips up north!
You turkey! Is this what you were talking about? Yes the tears are flowing, again! All I can say is thank you for everything, I mean everything! I could say all of that right back at you! There are no words that do can do it justice, only the fact that we know how we feel. I love you too! BTW, the pictures are awesome!
Sweet, sweet words. Sweet, sweet picture. Sweet, sweet ladies. I need to go find a kleenex...
I think I need that tissue, too....Kate, you and Ann are both the best kind of friends. So good for each other, and so good for the rest of us. I will miss her, too!!
Post a Comment