


This is Megan and Josh with my brother-in-law Charlie. He didn't wear goggles or a hat and you should see the burn on the top of his head and the redness of his eyes. Can you get sunburn in your eyes. I think so. But sunburn or not, they all had a great time.

While the kids were on the slopes, Tessa and I had our own kind of vacation. I went shopping with my sister-in-law, sewed with my sister, made two quilts, and dipped Chocolates. (My favorites were the ruffle potato chips.) Tessa read and watched movies and is recovering from Mono.
While in Utah we had the opportunity to go to the Draper, Utah Temple open-house. I can not describe to you my feelings as we walked quietly through this sacred building. Even though the Temple has not been dedicated yet, I felt a wonderful peace settle over me as we entered. The Bride's Room (this is where the brides get dressed for their wedding) was so beautiful. The chandelier from the ceiling looked like it was a Queen's crown. And the light fixtures on the walls looked like Tiaras. I was impressed that truly each daughter of God that gets dressed in that room should feel like they are royalty. I wish I could have taken a picture to show you, but it wasn't allowed.

The other room that took my breath away was the Celestial Room. This is the room where your experience at the Temple ends. It signifies the end of our journey as we enter into Gods presence. Kind of like coming home to a loving Father in Heaven. This room was bright and so breath taking, so beautiful. The carpets were carved and the stained glass windows so sparkling and bright. No one spoke in this room. And one could feel the presence of love and devotion.
Here is a picture of us out in front of the Temple. It was a very blustery day and cold for us Arizona people. We enjoyed our experience so much. We look forward to the Temple Open-house for the Gilbert, Az Temple after it gets built.
3 comments:
Glad you had a nice spring break. that temple does look beautiful. Another one on my list to see ad go through. I doubt that I will ever catch up. I used to say I had gone to every temple in Utah, but not anymore.
So fun! Glad you guys had a good time, but we missed you at the Potato Derby!
Thanks for sharing... its always fun to see how others spend their vacation.
Post a Comment